YEPT In House Teacher Training Day October 6th.
Kawai Pura Pura, Albany, Auckland. 9am-5pm.
No Charge to YEPT affiliates.
As a result of years of teaching in prisons senior teachers have decided we have done enough of our own Trauma Sensitive Yoga training to be in a very inspired and confident position to deliver to you our very first inhouse specialist training day.
This day will cover our history and vision, statistics of prison population in NZ some latest research on prison methodology i.e. what countries are experiencing a reduction in incarceration and how and why, as opposed to those countries who are building more prisons.
Creating a familiar thread that is experienced through the diversity of teaching and recognizing interconnectedness yoga union body as whole.
What can we learn and how do we, as a trust, contribute to reducing re-offending?
- We will discuss PTSD and the latest research of implications and the prison system, also the latest research in Neuroplasticity and Neuro Science.
- Sharing experiences of working in a prison environment and the procedure required to become a volunteer.
- What the Trust offers to affiliated teachers.
- We will offer examples to you to experience a variety of different styles of teaching in prisons and education on teaching vocabulary.
- Why teaching In a prison is different to a community class.
- What is the goal of a trauma informed class?
- Where might a traumatised person be / where might a traumatised group be?
- Practices that work and those that don’t and why.
- Recommending/offering Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Nidra practices and why.
- The benefits of including Yogic philosophy and why?
- All this and suggestions on themes for teaching will be included in the New teachers Handbook.