Links To Our Global Community
Organisations to connect with:
- Just Speak (NZ) – is a network of young people speaking to, and speaking up for a new generation of thinkers who want change in our criminal justice system.
- Howard League (NZ) –has programme and objectives that are aimed at reducing the prison population, reducing recidivism rates and helping reintegration into communities.RAW (NZ) – Supporting women pre release to guide them into strong educational choices.
- RAW (NZ) – Supporting women pre release to guide them into strong educational choices.
- Seva Unite (Sth Africa) – a non-profit, non religious organization taking yoga into prisons and the community in Cape Town and surrounding areas.
- Insight Prison Project (U.S) – For over fifteen years, Insight Prison Project has been on a mission to foster insight and lasting behavioural change by providing rehabilitative tools to prisoners in California correctional systems. IPP’s programs are conducted by crime victims, community volunteers and prisoners themselves – a rare and effective response to our statewide prison crisis and to the needs of prisoners, parolees, crime survivors, correctional staff and our California communities.
- Prison Yoga Project (U.S) – James Foxs mission is to bring yoga and mindfulness into American prisons.
- GOGI yoga (U.S) – Getting Out by Going In (GOGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the self-corrective education of incarcerated men, women and children. GOGI Yoga combines centuries of Yoga principles with the Twelve Tools of GOGI for positive decision making.
- Off The Mat Into The World (NZ & Aus) – harnesses the power of yoga to inspire and support conscious, sustainable activism, and to ignite grassroots social change.
- Prison Phoenix Trust (U.K) – encourages prisoners in the development of their spiritual welfare, through the practices of meditation and yoga.
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga (Aus) – committed to expanding the awareness of trauma sensitive practices within the traditional yoga class format, as well as supporting mental health clinicians to integrate trauma informed yoga practices into their work.
- iRest Yoga Nidra (U.S) – Richard Miller has done extensive research on Complex Trauma with the Practice of iRest Yoga Nidra
- Give Back Yoga Foundation (U.S.) – Supports and funds certified yoga teachers of all traditions to bring yoga and mindfulness techniques to underserved and under-resourced segments of the community.