Yoga in Prisons & Beyond Training day
Yoga in Prisons Teacher Training day.
Berhampore Community Centre, Wellington.
October 19th, 9am-5pm.
Yoga Education in Prisons Trust (YEPT) are offering special training for yoga teachers who are interested in working with people who have been impacted by trauma.
YEPT teachers Jane Allan, John Sinclair and Adhyatma, are facilitating a one-day training drawing on their experience of teaching mindfulness and yoga practices to people in prison and in the community.
This is for experienced yoga teachers or newly accredited teachers (200+hrs) or counsellors, therapists and holistic health workers already working in the community.
This one day workshop will give 5 credits for REPs CPD.
The day will include:
- Strategies for establishing yoga classes in prisons.
- Experiencing a Trauma Sensitive Yoga class.
- Discussion on asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation practices
suitable for this environment.
- Group practices.
- Discussion on PTSD & trauma awareness.
- iRest practice and discussion by iRest tutor Una Hubbard.
- Self Care.