Yoga in Prisons & Beyond Training day
A free training day for all YEPT affiliates by YEPT teachers and guest Una Hubbard – iRest facilitator.
Berhampore Community Centre, Wellington.
October 19th, 9am-5pm
$145 for non-affiliates
Creating a familiar thread that is experienced through the diversity of teaching and recognizing inter connected ness yoga union body as whole.
What can we learn and how do we, as a trust, contribute to reducing re-offending?
- We will discuss PTSD and the latest research of implications and the prison system, also the latest research in Neuroplasticity and Neuro Science.
- Sharing experiences of working in a prison environment and the procedure required to become a volunteer.
- What the Trust offers to affiliated teachers.
- We will offer examples to you to experience a variety of different styles of teaching in prisons and education on teaching vocabulary.
- Why teaching In a prison is different to a community class.
- What is the goal of a trauma informed class?
- Where might a traumatised person be / where might a traumatised group be?
- Practices that work and those that don’t and why.
- Recommending/offering Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, irest/yoga nidra practices and why.
- The benefits of including Yogic philosophy and why?
- All this and suggestions on themes for teaching will be included in the teachers Handbook.