Yoga in Prisons & Beyond Training
Yoga in Prisons Teacher Training
June 20/21st 2020
Yoga Education in Prisons Trust (YEPT) are offering special training for yoga teachers who are interested in working with people who have been impacted by trauma.
YEPT teachers Jane Allan, John Sinclair, Brendon Sakey, Deb Fong, are facilitating a two-day training drawing on their experience of teaching mindfulness and yoga practices to people in prison and in the community. This weekend will cover trauma sensitive yoga, mental health and addiction, working in womens prisons, and maori tikaanga.
This is for experienced yoga teachers or newly accredited teachers (200+hrs) or counsellors, therapists and holistic health workers already working in the community.
This two day workshop will give 5 credits for REPs CPD.
The day will include:
- Strategies for establishing yoga classes in prisons.
- Experiencing a Trauma Sensitive Yoga class.
- Discussion on asana, pranayama, relaxation and meditation practices
suitable for this environment.
- Group practices.
- Discussion on PTSD & trauma awareness.
- iRest practice and discussion by iRest tutor tbc.
- Self Care.